We welcome you to the web site of the Municipal Housing Authority of the City of Utica, New York.
We would like to take the time to list the basic duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director. They are as follows:
- Advising the Chairman and Board of Commissioners in all matters pertaining to the operation of the public housing program.
- Executing all policies, resolutions, rules, regulations, orders and directives of the Board.
- Represent the Authority in all phases of project development including design and construction.
- Formulate organizational structure and establish effective coordination of all phases of operartions.
- Administers personnel policy.
- Prepares an annual budget and advises the Authority on all phases of fiscal administration.
- Executes leases, deeds, contracts, purchase orders, and other documents on behalf of the Authority.
- Enforces rules and regulations of the Authority for the operations of the Authority.
- Represents the Authority in dealings with other agencies, both governmental and private, and in dealings with the general public.
- Performs other duties as may be necessary and proper as related to powers and duties of the Executive Director.
All of the above relates to our mission statement, “…making available opportunities for safe, clean and affordable housing for low income persons while providing self-sufficiency, upward mobility, and customer satisfaction.” .
Please use this site to search any of our departments, projects and developments that we are pursuing to accomplish this mission.
With kindest thoughts from all of us and trusting you shall find what you are seeking informative and useful.