Property Management is broken down into 3 levels
- Asset Manager
- Assistant Asset Manager (Property Managers)
- Housing Assistant Representatives
ASSET MANAGER ALONG WITH THE ASSISTANT ASSET MANAGER – Are primarily responsible for the coordination and administering the overall management of housing for all residents of the housing authority.
- Develop and maintain awareness of community issues for residents through communication with MHA staff and initiate efforts to respond to such issues.
- Serve as primary resource for staff and residents in dealing with specific resident problems including neighbor conflicts, personal and emotional problems, diversity issues, and other developmental concerns.
- Identify special needs and concerns of diverse resident populations and initiate programming and other efforts in their housing locations to address these needs and concerns.
- Develop a familiarity with local and community resources to ensure timely, efficient referrals when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain communication with residents through individual contacts, meetings, and discussions.
- Serve as a mediator/facilitator when necessary to provide resolutions for interpersonal conflicts.
- Coordinate implementation of any resolution agreements and community agreement processes.
- Meet with residents and serve as Judicial Hearing Officer for those referred for disciplinary concerns; as well as enact appropriate judicial sanctions and/or personal counseling to effectively resolve disciplinary problems in accordance with HUD regulations and pertinent laws relative to housing occupancy.
- Anticipate and promote educational, cultural, social, recreational, and service programs.
- Cultivate, coordinate, and assist in the development of resident representation and responsibility through programming and direct involvement. Sponsor or assist in sponsorship of programs in housing locations.
- Manage operational functions for residents such as key distribution and collection, damage assessment, reporting and billing, maintenance requests, and apartment/housing openings and closings.
- Serve as facility manager for residence halls including conducting inspections, reporting and following up on housekeeping, maintenance and mover requests.
- Recruit, select, and train Assistant Asset Managers, Tenant Relations Staff and Housing Assistants.
- Monitor work performance for accuracy and completeness in accordance with HUD goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance of staff with established housing policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement staff training and development programs in conjunction with the Executive Director and other divisions of the housing authority.
- Assist the Division of Plant and Facilities in the planning of renovation work.
- Manage and coordinate all housing assignments and changes and communicate/resolve problems in accordance with established procedures.
- Respond to all inquiries, problems, and complaints.
- Assist the Area Coordinator and Assistant Director for Operations in making recommendations for the purchase of furnishings and equipment, improvement of housekeeping services, and preventative maintenance and safety measures.
- Act to control unnecessary/unreasonable site damages and vandalism.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all other divisions
- Assume “on-call” responsibility for all area residents on a scheduled basis.
- Participate in the overall planning and management of the housing locations and provide input in the development of policies and procedures.
- Participation on task forces, and group goal planning and objective setting.
ASSET MANAGER (All Locations)
509 Second St.
Utica, NY 13501
ASST. ASSET MANAGER – (Gillmore, Humphrey, Duplex & 819 Hamilton St.)
929 Hillcrest Ave
Utica, NY 13502
ASST. ASSET MANAGER – (Adrean Terrace, N. D. Peters Manor, FX Matt Apts.)
1736 Armory Dr – Bldg 99
Utica, NY 13501