The Affordable Housing Information and Referral Center located assists low persons and families to locate and qualify for public, subsidized and private sector housing. Assistance is provided in the following areas:
- applying for public housing and Housing Choice voucher programs;
- locating affordable, quality rental apartments;
- receiving assistance for eviction prevention and utility costs;
- securing emergency and temporary shelter;
- obtaining information regarding tenant rights and responsibilities.
The Center is developing a database of available subsidized housing developments and programs and compiling a monthly listing of available apartments. The Center provides both individual and group housing counseling and education sessions to low-income individuals and families. The services of the Housing Center will be available to community residents and will be coordinated with our Homeless Continuum of Care, local Department of Social Services and Health Department, faith-based organizations, housing providers, and landlords.