Rental Apartments

Q. My income has changed. How do I get a rental adjustment?

A. If you live in a public housing unit, you must report all income changes as soon as possible.

Q. I lost my job and have started to receive unemployment, how do I get an adjustment?

A. If you have had a decrease in your income due to unemployment, you must report that change as soon as possible to get an adjustment for the following month. In order to finish an adjustment for someone who has started to receive unemployment, we will need to get third party verification that you are receiving unemployment. NYS Department of Labor will no longer provide written verification upon our request. You will need to go to and follow the unemployment links to Check Payment History. Print out the payment history and bring it to our office to finish processing your rental adjustment.